About Glens to Sea
We are neighbours in a traditionally disadvantaged and often disconnected rural area who have come together to get to know each other better and record the heritage of the area and its people before the information is lost.
This encounter has been the springboard to a discuss on the very sustainability of our community.
We see the Conversation Series as being about the process of delivering it, as the end result which is foundation building for the future.
In summary, we see the short to medium term benefits of the series as being:-
- Greater knowledge and confidence in our own place
- Help in auditing and documenting accurately all that is positive within
the defined Glens to sea to Sea, North Sligo & Leitrim territory
- Create stronger ties and building confidence between neighbours
and the wider community by working together
- To foster a deeper appreciation of our heritage, environment and
community and to work together inclusively to achieve this
- Generate a greater external appreciation of who we are and what
we have uniquely to offer visitors
- Critically, encourage authentic tourism and sustainable employment
to keep the youth and families in the area.
The Conversations are open to all regardless of geography, interests, gender, generation or background being ever mindful of changing demographics.